A 3-part online training session available to OSMOSIS17.com attendees.
Over the course of three 90-minute Webinars, content on open source and social media investigations will be taught. Brush up on, or learn for the first time, the language of advanced Internet searching, and the best tactics for improving your results when investigating online.
Three sessions are all offered live at 1pm Eastern Time. 2 CEU’s per attendee are awarded (Recordings for later viewing will be available, but CEU’s are only accredited for live viewing).
9-5-17: Introduction to Online Investigative Fundamentals & Open Source Primer
- An introduction to the types, differences and lingo of open source investigations, and a companion guide to public record searching for social media verification purposes.
- In-taking an online case, understanding the parameters of the work and establishing goals; creating investigative notes C.Y.A. (cover your analysts!); samples and layouts.
- Best practices on how to use a computer, the items available on the Internet and social media, investigators can more effectively provide reasonable results.
- Establishing client, sub-contractor and your own expectations established at the beginning of your investigation to keep the entire case in check.
9-12-17: Foundation for Computer & Search Engine Best Practices
- Learn the difference between the Web, Web 2.0 applications, programming that pins them together and how search engines interpret and return results based on what you don’t see.
- Gather which engine to use, when to use it and the expectations of what you should be getting.
- An analyst’s instruction on clearing your cache and other influencers that mislead your searches.
9-19-17: Making the Capture & Bringing it all Together Ethically
- Some very helpful tools to help capture and store your findings online. Documentation procedures for creating sharp and understandable reports.
- Applying the fundamentals and openly talk about some of the pitfalls you can be dangerously close to working in open sources. Q&A will be encouraged.
About OSMOSIS 2017
The OSMOSIS Conference and Exhibition is the premier event providing training and solutions to the open source and cyber intelligence community which takes place October 8 to 11, 2017 at the Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center. OSMOSIS 2017 will attract more than 300 delegates from military, law enforcement, forensic, investigations and the legal communities, and features dozens of exhibiting companies plus a full conference program led by the industries foremost experts on open source intelligence gathering and investigations. The 2017 Conference features focused forums on technology trends and emerging regions. Visit http://www.OSMOSISCon.com